- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup STAR White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup STAR Capers, including some liquid
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Additional Olive Oil for sautéing
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except chicken. Stir well to dissolve brown sugar. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil. Add chicken and sauté for about 1 minute per side, or just until golden.
Place chicken in a single layer in 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Pour mixture over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until juice of chicken is clear when pierced with fork.
Serve chicken immediately, passing any additional sauce remaining in a baking dish and place at the table.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 50 mins