- For Marinade:
- 2 lb chicken tenders
- ¼ cup Ortalli Balsamic Vinegar Modena
- 1/4 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. dried basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- For Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 Tbs. STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup Cara Mia Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Styled, drained & chopped
- 1 cup Cara Mia Artichokes in Water, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 12 oz. whole-wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
- fresh basil for garnish
In a large zip-top back, add the chicken, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper. Marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a large sauté pan, heat up the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about a minute. Sprinkle in the flour and mix well, cooking for another 2 minutes while mixing.
Slowly incorporate the chicken stock, whisking until you no longer have clumps. Whisk in the milk and simmer for 8 minutes, whisking occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
While the sauce thickens, remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. On a sauté pan, over medium high heat, cook the chicken 4 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other.
Add the Parmesan, salt and pepper to the alfredo and mix well. Add the sundried tomatoes, artichokes, peas and heat through for 2 more minutes.
Toss the pasta with the alfredo sauce. Serve topped with some chicken tenders and sprinkled with basil.
Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 50
Time: 30 minsServes: 4
Time: 20 minsServes: 5-6
Time: 20 minsServes: 2-4
Time: 20Serves: 4