Made of fresh pressed olives with a rich fruity taste and peppery finish. There is no finer olive oil to use with your freshest foods and in recipes where its deliciously robust flavor will enhance the overall taste of your dish.
STAR is a long standing member of the NAOOA. STAR’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil bears the NAOOA seal and has been tested to meet or exceed the International Olive Council’s worldwide olive oil industry standards for quality and authenticity.Learn More Buy Now
- For the Salad:
Small head red cabbage, shredded
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, as needed for sweetness
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (for flavor, optional)
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Place shredded cabbage, carrots and green onions in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, garlic, oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, vanilla, chili powder, salt and pepper; whisk until well combined.
Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes
Remove from fridge and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.
Recipe developed by: http://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins