- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- 3 Tbsp. STAR Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, sliced thin
- 2 large cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 8 spicy/sweet red piquante peppers, sliced into thin strips
- Freshly grated parmigiano reggiano, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Wash spaghetti squash, cut in half and scrape out seeds. Lay halves, cut side down, in a baking sheet filled with ½ cup water. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25–30 minutes or until fork-tender.
While squash is cooking, line a small baking dish with foil. Add onions, garlic, basil and Olive Oil; toss. Cover with foil and put into oven with squash.
When squash is done, pull it out of the oven along with the onion/garlic mixture, which should also be nicely roasted by this time. Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash to release all the strands into a large bowl.
Toss spinach in with hot squash so it can wilt. With a fork, mash garlic pieces, then add entire onion/garlic mixture to bowl, including oil. Finally, add olives and red peppers to bowl.
Toss all ingredients together until well combined. Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Serve warm with crusty bread and enjoy!