- 1 tablespoon STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup STAR Reduced Sodium Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 a can (15 ounce) of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cooked white rice, rolls, or taco shells, for serving
- Plain Greek yogurt, optional
In a large nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium-high. Add turkey, onion, and garlic; cook until the turkey is no longer pink and the onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Drain off fat.
Stir in the olives, chickpeas, raisins, chicken broth, vinegar, tomato sauce, salt, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a medium-low simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, until chickpeas are tender, but not mushy, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Serve on top of rice, on rolls, or as taco filling, with a dollop of yogurt, if desired.
Recipe developed by: http://www.bellyfull.net
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins