- For the Pesto Dressing:
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons drained Cara Mia Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup STAR Extra Light Olive Oil
- For the Salad:
- 1 cup (3 ounces) uncooked multi-grain penne
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 jar (14.75-ounce) Cara Mia Artichoke Hearts Packed In Water, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese; for garnish
For the dressing, combine all ingredients in food processor and blend well. Set aside.
Cook pasta as directed on package; adding beans 7 to 5 minutes before end of cook time. Continue to cook until pasta is al dente and beans are just crisp-tender. Drain thoroughly. Stir in enough pesto to coat well. Set aside to cool.
Finally, add drained artichoke hearts and one-half sliced onions; toss with remaining dressing.
Store in refrigerator; warm to room temperature to serve.
To serve, turn into large lettuce-lined salad bowl or divide among lettuce-lined individual salad plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining green onions.
<strong>Note:</strong> For plain pesto dressing, substitute 2 tablespoons pine nuts for tomatoes.
Total Time: 30 mins