- 6 to 7 chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano or 1 1/2 tsp. dried leaf oregano
- 3/4 cup Nicoise or Greek Olives
- 1 cup cooked small green beans
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. STAR White Wine Vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 cups finely shredded lettuce
- Additional lemon juice
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Cook chicken by poaching chicken breasts in chicken stock or season breasts lightly with salt, freshly ground pepper and a pinch of ground cloves.
Sauté in olive oil until done. Do not overcook. Cool, discard skin, and pull meat from bones, tearing into medium large pieces.
Peal onion, cut in half lengthwise, and slice into long slivers. Sauté onion and garlic in a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Immediately add oregano and cook onion mixture until not quite transparent.
Add olives, green beans, cherry tomatoes, lemon peel and stir until lightly heated. Add reserved chicken and season to taste with vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Heat briefly.
To serve: season shredded lettuce lightly with salt, pepper, and a bit of lemon juice. Divide equally on six plates. Spoon hot chicken salad onto lettuce bed and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Time: 30 minsServes: 10
Time: 10 minsServes: 3-4
Time: 25 MINServes: 6