Well actually, there are many, many more, but here are seven to get you hooked on these delicious gems:
- Olives are at the heart of the Mediterranean diet, which means they’re considered one of the world’s healthiest foods. In fact, UNESCO declared them part of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- They’re packed with iron, especially black olives.
- Their unsaturated fats help keep cholesterol levels under control and protect your heart.
- Olives contains the four basic tastes our palate can detect: sweet, salty, bitter and sour–that’s why they work so well in almost any dish, as well as in sauces and dressings.
- They’re a great source of fiber, which helps improve gut health.
- They contain thiamine, also known as vitamin B1, which helps convert food into energy.
- They’re a fun way to get your kids to eat healthier! Slice them into rounds, making them look like little eyes and pop them into sandwiches. It’s always a hit! What more could you ask for?