- 4 medium zucchini very coarsely grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. fresh oregano or 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 lbs. orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, Asiago, or hard Monterey jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Sprinkle zucchini with salt in a colander and toss. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Squeeze zucchini dry. Transfer to large bowl.
Blend basil, oil, garlic, and oregano together well in food processor or blender. Add to zucchini; reserve.
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. Add orzo and reduce heat, cooking until orzo is just tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain well.
Stir the pasta into the zucchini. Add the lemon juice, grated cheese and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 42 mins
Total Time: 47 mins