- 1 cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar
- Homemade or good quality store bought pizza dough
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup drained Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 4 strips applewood bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
Place the vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir often until reduced and thick. Set aside.
Preheat your oven to 400°, lightly oil an inverted rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
Place the garlic and olive oil in a small sauce pan and heat on low until the garlic just starts to turn golden brown. Remove off of the heat to cool for a moment.
On the prepared pan, stretch and press pizza dough to form a rustic long oval. Brush the center of the dough with all of the garlic oil leaving an inch or so border. Then sprinkle all of the mozzarella cheese over top.
Slide the pan onto the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together the Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
Once the 10 minutes are up, remove the pizza and scatter small spoonfuls of the ricotta cheese over top of the mozzarella. Arrange the drained artichokes and sprinkle with the chopped bacon pieces and the Parmesan herb mixture. Slide the pizza back into the oven for an additional 12 to 15 minutes.
Slice and drizzle with the reduced balsamic.
Recipe developed by: http://www.simplyscratch.com
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: About 25 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 to 6
Time: 55Serves: 4
Time: 1 hour 15 minutesServes: 4-6
Time: 25 minsServes: 4
Time: 30 minsServes: 4