- 5 oz package baby arugula, or 2 1/2 cups packed arugula leaves, well dried
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 2 Tbsp. feathery tops from fennel bulb
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup STAR Capers
- 3/4 - 1 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb swordfish steaks, cut into 1 1/4 inch chunks
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. crushed dried red peppers
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut in 6-8 wedges
- 8-10 STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives
- 2 large lemons, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally, 1/2 inch thick, grilled or toasted
In a food processor or blender, chop arugula with 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, mint, fennel tops, garlic, pine nuts, and capers. With machine running, slowly pour in about 3/4 cup olive oil until mixture becomes a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape into a bowl.
Place swordfish in a shallow dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, remaining lemon juice and crushed pepper. Toss with 1/4 cup Pistou, until evenly coated. Marinate in refrigerator 1-2 hours.
Heat oiled grill to medium-hot. Brush fennel wedges with oil. Thread fish onto skewers alternating with olives, fennel and lemon slices. Grill over direct, medium-high heat about 6-8 minutes, turning once or twice, until fish is char-marked and no longer pink in the middle.
Remove skewers from grill and gloss with a little extra olive oil. Serve with baguette toasts spread with Pistou.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 2 hr 20 mins
Total Time: 2 hr 30 mins
Time: 15 minsServes: 6
Time: 25 minsServes: 8-10 skewers
Time: 45 Mins.Serves: 4
Time: 20 minsServes: 2-4