- 4 cups 1-inch cubes acorn or other winter squash, approx. 2 lbs.
- Salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup and 2 Tbsp. STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for brushing pan
- ¼ cup STAR Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 12 cups torn curly endive (10-12oz.)
- ¾ cup toasted or candied pecan halves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Place squash in large bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp. oil and toss.
Let stand 30 minutes (toss occasionally).
Preheat oven 425 degrees. Line large shallow pan with foil. Coat generously with oil.
With slotted spoon, transfer squash in 1 layer to prepared pan. Baste with some marinade. Roast until golden, about 25 minutes, turn and baste several times. Keep warm, covered with foil.
For dressing, whisk red wine vinegar, mustard and honey to blend. Gradually whisk in remaining ½ cup oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In large bowl, toss endive and dressing. Add warm squash, pecans and cranberries and toss to combine.
Serve when ready.
Prep Time: 5mins
Cook Time: 1hr
Total Time: 1hr 5mins
Time: 15 minutesServes: 6-8
Time: 30 minsServes: 4
Time: 20 minsServes: 4
Time: 25 minsServes: 6