- 1 lb. eggplant, cut in 3/4 inch chunks
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 1/2 Tbsp. STAR Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. STAR Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. STAR Capers, rinsed (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1lb. dried pasta (farfalle or penne)
- Parmesan cheese (for topping)
In a sauté pan, stirfry eggplant and garlic in 4 Tbsp. olive oil until tender and a little brown.
In a large pan sauté onion and pepper in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add eggplant mixture and all other ingredients to onion and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for approximately 7 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Toss hot, drained pasta together with eggplant sauce and serve with grated Parmesan.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Time: 20 minsServes: 5-6
Time: 20 minutesServes: 8
Time: 30 minsServes: 4
Time: 35 minsServes: 4-6