- 2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni (use whole grain/multigrain macaroni)
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup Cara Mia Grilled Artichokes, drained
- 1 cup cubed white cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese
- ¼-cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. (Use a pan with a lid)
Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
Add macaroni, spinach, artichokes, cheeses, vegetable broth, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Mix to combine and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Lower heat to a medium-low, cover with lid and continue to cook for 12 to 14 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. STIR about every 3 minutes to prevent sticking.
Remove from heat and stir.
Recipe developed by: http://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins