- 2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 chicken pieces (thighs, breast, legs, etc…)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups organic, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar (14.75 ounces) Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook for 4 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
Add garlic to the skillet and stir for 10 to 15 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in rice; stir for about 30 seconds. DON’T BURN THE RICE.
Place prepared chicken pieces over rice, and add the chicken broth.
Arrange artichokes around the pan; season with Italian Seasoning and oregano, and bring to a boil.
Carefully cover the skillet with aluminum foil and transfer to preheated oven.
Cook for 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove foil and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
Remove from oven and serve.
Recipe developed by: http://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 45
Total Time: 55
Time: 1 hourServes: 4 to 6
Time: 25 minsServes: 8-10 skewers
Time: 20Serves: 4
Time: 50 minsServes: 12 sliders