- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 11 STAR Pimiento Stuffed Olives, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
Heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high in a medium nonstick skillet. Sauté onions until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, herbs, and cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, eggs, onions, and olives until combined. Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until moist and incorporated. (Do not over-mix.)
Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden and a tooth pick (or long skewer) inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board. Slice warm or at room temperature and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hour