- ½ cup STAR Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- ½ cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, chopped, bacon fat reserved
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 4 cups Monterey White Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbsp. thyme, minced.
- 2 medium heads lettuce, washed and broken into pieces, placed in large salad bowl
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 large pieces of crusty bread, toasted
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and soy sauce. Set aside the vinaigrette.
In a sauté pan on high heat, coated lightly with bacon fat, add the shallots, mushrooms and thyme. Saute until soft about 4 minutes.
Add vinaigrette and the bacon and stir until hot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour ¾ of the vinaigrette on the salad and toss to coat. Toss with more vinaigrette if necessary. Save the remaining vinaigrette for garnish.
Place toast on 4 large plates and top with warm salad. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and serve immediately.