- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounce) chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cubed summer sausage
- 1 cup cubed Provolone (or Mozzarella)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, halved
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- For the Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup STAR Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, Romaine, chickpeas, sausage, cheese, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, and green onions.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all the the ingredients for the dressing, except the olive oil. Then slowly stream in the olive oil to emulsify. (Alternatively, you can place all the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake until completely combined and thickened.) Drizzle over all the salad ingredients and gently toss to coat.
Serve immediately or chill for an hour and enjoy!
Recipe developed by: http://bellyfull.net/
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Serves: 8 (main dish), 16 (side dish)