- 1 tablespoon STAR Grapeseed Oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups cooked diced ham
- 1 cup quick cooking rice
- 2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black-eyed peas, well rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat Grapeseed Oil in a large skillet.
Add onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add ham and continue to cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the rice and vegetable broth; set heat on high and bring mixture to a boil.
Mix in the black-eyed peas.
Cover skillet and reduce heat to a simmer; continue to cook for 10 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed.
Stir in tomatoes; season with seasoned salt and pepper and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Remove from heat. Stir in fresh parsley.
Recipe developed by: http://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Time: 35 minsServes: 1
Time: 30 minsServes: 4
Time: 45 Mins.Serves: 4
Time: 15 minsServes: 6