- For the Salmon Kabobs
- 1.5 to 2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large lemons thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons STAR Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- For the Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat grill to medium heat, around 375F.
In a medium bowl, stir together Seasoned Rice Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic and Italian Seasoning. Set aside.
Thread the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto previously prepared bamboo skewers. Brush all sides of salmon skewers with prepared marinade.
Oil the grates on the grill. Place salmon skewers on grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
In the meantime, prepare the Garlic Yogurt Sauce. Place garlic in a small mixing bowl, sprinkle with salt and ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil; mix it all together. Stir in the yogurt.
Drizzle the remaining extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with chopped parsley; refrigerate until ready to use.
Remove salmon skewers from the grill. Serve with prepared garlic yogurt sauce.
Recipe developed by: http://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Time: 50 minutesServes: 4
Time: 35 minsServes: 4
Time: 30 minsServes: 4
Time: 40 minsServes: 4