- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 jar (6.5oz) Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts drained and chopped.
- 1 large tomato cut up (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar
In a medium saucepan bring chicken broth to boiling. Add couscous and onion. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeno pepper, cinnamon, and black pepper. Cool.
When cool, in a large bowl combine couscous mixture with artichoke hearts, tomato, sweet pepper, and raisins. Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar; pour over couscous, tossing gently to coat.
Marinate for 30 minutes before serving.