- French baguette, cut into approximately sixteen ½ inch thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (8-ounce) block plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 4 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Spanish Olives, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the bread slices on the pan. Drizzle some olive oil on top of each slice. Place in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes until the bread is lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and set the oven to broil.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, garlic powder, green onion, and the bacon. Fold in the chopped olives. Spread about 1 Tbsp. of the olive mixture on top of each slice of bread. Sprinkle some the Jack cheese on top of each slice. Stick the slices under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe developed by: http://eat-drink-love.com
Time: 25 minsServes: 24
Time: 25 minsServes: 10
Time: 15 minsServes: 6
Time: 50 minsServes: Makes 20