- For The Salad
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup mixed dried berries
- ½-cup roasted sunflower kernels
- ¼-cup sliced almonds
- 4 slices bacon, cooked to a desired crisp and crumbled
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- For The Raspberry Vinaigrette
- ½-cup fresh raspberries
- ½-tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. STAR White Wine Vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼-cup plain, non-fat yogurt (optional)
In a large salad bowl combine broccoli, dried fruits, sunflower seeds, almonds, crumbled bacon, and red onions; set aside.
Set a handheld wire strainer over a small jar or glass.
Using a spoon, push the raspberries through the wire strainer to puree. Reserve the raspberry juice.
Transfer puree to a small mixing bowl; stir in the raspberry juice, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar.
Whisk in the olive oil until completely incorporated.
Add salt and pepper; continue to whisk until well combined.
At this point, you can also whisk in the yogurt, if using.
Pour dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to combine.
Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
Stir before serving.
If salad is a bit dry, stir in little olive oil or yogurt (if using) to moisten.
Recipe developed by: http://diethood.com
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Time: 15 minsServes: 6
Time: 30 minsServes: 4
Time: 25 minsServes: 6