Before we get to this spooky recipe, here are some tips for hard boiling eggs:
Directions for Boiling Eggs
Place 6 eggs in a saucepan and fill it with cold water. Add a teaspoon of STAR Italian Kitchen White Wine to the water to help keep egg whites from running out if an egg does crack while cooking and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water to help prevent cracking as well as making the eggs easier to peel.
Set over high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil. The water should come to a full, rolling boil. Then turn off the heat, take the pan off the burner entirely and cover the pan.
Leave the eggs in the covered pan for 10-12 minutes.
Remove the cooked eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon and tap each gently on the counter top to crack the shell in a few places. Place the eggs in a bowl of ice water and leave them there for at least 1 minute, then peel.
Spooky Spider Deviled Eggs Recipe
Servings: 12 egg halves
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp spicy brown mustard
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 6 STAR Spanish Ripe Medium Pitted Olives, to decorate eggs
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Slip out yolks and mash with fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Spoon or pipe about 1 tablespoon yolk mixture into the hollow of each egg-white half. Serve immediately or cover and chill refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- To decorate cut olives in half lengthwise and nestles one half on top of an egg for the body, then cut the other half crosswise into thin slices to form the creepy legs.