- 1 (9 to 12 ounces) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons STAR Olive Oil Infused with Fresh Rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¾ cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh rosemary or chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Prepare tortellini according to the directions on the package.
In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook one minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
Add flour and whisk to combine; continue to whisk and cook for an additional minute to cook the flour. Slowly add chicken broth, whisking to combine until smooth. Whisk in milk and bring mixture to a boil. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; continue to cook and stir until the cheese is completely melted. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Drain tortellini and add them to the skillet with the sauce. Stir to combine and continue to cook until heated through; about 1 minute.
Sprinkle with fresh rosemary or fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe developed by: http://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Time: 40 minsServes: 8 (main dish), 16 (side dish)
Time: 30 minsServes: 4
Time: 25 minsServes: 4
Time: 30 minsServes: 6