- FOR THE PASTA
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta, dry
FOR THE RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 1 jar Cara Mia Hand Grilled Piquillo Peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bag (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
Place drained piquillo peppers in a blender and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Add sliced onions, garlic, thyme, salt and ground pepper; cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
Remove from heat and transfer the onion mixture to the blender.
Add water and blend until completely smooth.
If too thick, add a tablespoon or two of extra virgin olive oil or water and continue to blend until desired consistency is reached.
Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Set aside.
Heat remaining extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted.
Drain pasta and add to skillet with spinach; stir in feta cheese and add as much pepper sauce as you prefer and toss around to combine.
Remove from heat and serve.
Recipe developed by: https://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins