- For the Pulled Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- Hamburger buns
- For the Apple Slaw:
- 2 tablespoons STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
Add the sliced chicken breasts to a slow cooker.
In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Once the chicken is done, remove and shred with a fork. Return chicken to the slow cooker for 5-10 minutes.
Just before the chicken is finished, prepare the apple slaw. Stir together the vinegar, Greek yogurt, and the honey in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste. Combine the coleslaw mix and the apple in a bowl and pour the dressing over and mix well. Serve on top of the pulled chicken sandwiches.
Recipe developed by: http://eat-drink-love.com/
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs
Total Time: 4 hrs 15 mins
Time: 15 minsServes: 6
Time: 5 hours 5 minsServes: 4-6
Time: 20 minsServes: 4