- OLIVE AND CAPER PESTO
- 2 cups cilantro, packed
- 2 cups parsley, packed
- 1 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, drained
- 1/4 cup STAR capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 to 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup STAR Original Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- PESTO SEAFOOD MOLD
- 16 oz. cooked, shell-on shrimp
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, finely grated
- Hot pepper sauce (optional, to taste)
- 1 ¼ cup Olive and Caper Pesto
In a food processor or blender, blend cilantro and parsley a few seconds on medium speed. Add olives, and capers; blend 5 seconds. Add pine nuts, garlic, and cheese; blend 5 more seconds; add olive oil and pepper; process until all ingredients are blended. Mixture will appear dry. Do not add additional oil. Makes 1-¼ cups.
Reserve 3 or 4 whole shrimp with tails for garnish. Shell, devein and chop remaining shrimp.
Combine softened cream cheese, cilantro and lemon zest; blend thoroughly. Mix in chopped shrimp and hot pepper sauce if desired.
Line 4-cup shallow mold with plastic wrap. Spread ½ cup pesto mixture to cover the bottom of mold. Spread ½ shrimp and cream cheese mixture over pesto. Repeat layers.
Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. To unmold, invert mold onto dish and carefully remove plastic wrap lining.
Garnish top with whole shrimp. Serve with baguettes or crackers.
Serves: Makes enough for 4-cup mold.