- 4 fresh Tilapia fillets
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 large Shallots, minced
- 1 large Garlic Clove, squeezed through a garlic press
- 3/4 cup White Wine, like Pinot Grigio
- 1 whole Lemon, zested
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice, or more to taste
- 1 tTbsp. STAR Capers, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh Parsley
- Sliced Lemon, for garnish
Season both sides of the fish with kosher salt and black pepper.
Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter and add 2 Tbsp. of STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Work in batches of two and carefully place the tilapia into the hot pan. Cook the tilapia for 4 minutes before flipping and cooking for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and repeat with the second batch. Keep the tilapia warm by covering loosely with foil.
Add the minced shallots and garlic to the same pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant and soft. Add in the wine and lemon juice, bring to a boil over medium-high heat until it thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the capers, parsley and lemon zest, then taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Place the fish back into the skillet and spoon sauce over top before serving with a few slices of fresh lemon and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Recipe developed by: http://www.simplyscratch.com
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins