- 2 tablespoons STAR Original Pure Olive Oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in shoulder blade lamb chops (about 5 to 6 lamb chops)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350F.
Rub each of the lamb chops with a little bit of STAR’s original pure olive oil and season with seasoned-salt and fresh ground pepper.
Over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet that is also oven-safe. Add lamb chops to skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Transfer lamb chops to a plate and set aside. Do not pour out the oil/drippings.
Add butter to the same skillet and melt. Add chopped onions to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes; stir in garlic and continue to cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
Stir in rice and thyme; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vegetable broth, milk, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
Arrange lamb chops over the rice and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 8 minutes. Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove lid and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
Remove from oven. Serve.
Recipe developed by: http://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 hr