- Olives Aloli Dip
- ⅓ cup STAR Hot Pepper Stuffed Olives
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Battered Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2-cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
Place all the ingredients for the aioli dip in a food processor and process until thoroughly combined and incorporated.
If the dip seems too thick, add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and process until desired consistency is reached.
Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Transfer dip to a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Best served cold.
Combine oil and egg in a large bowl and beat well.
Add remaining ingredients (except oil for frying) and stir until well combined.
Heat oil in a large frying pot or a deep fryer. Temperature of oil should be about 350F.
Dip shrimp into batter and roll around to coat on all sides.
Add shrimp to hot oil and fry for about 1 minute, or until golden brown.
Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
Serve with prepared Olives Aioli Dip.
Recipe developed by: http://www.diethood.com
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min