- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, shelled & deveined, leaving tails on
- Butterfly shrimp by cutting along the inner curve.
- 1/3-1/2 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. dry vermouth
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, minced basil, vermouth and lemon juice.
Add shrimp and sauté, stirring for 2-4 minutes until they all turn pink.
Salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and chill to let flavors blend for 1 or 2 hours. Return to room temperature.
Finish and serve.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 2 hr 10 mins
Total Time: 2 hr 15 mins