- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced 1/4 cup chow mein noodles, for serving
- For the sesame vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons STAR Natural Rice Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
In a large bowl, combine quinoa, red cabbage, carrots, corn, green onion and avocado. Stir in sesame vinaigrette.
Serve immediately, topped with chow mein noodles, if desired.
Recipe developed by: http://www.damndelicious.net