Make fun and spooky pizza potato skins for a festive Halloween meal or appetizer. These are fun to decorate as goblins, witches, princesses and superheros.
- Russet potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with a fork
- STAR Extra Light Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Pizza or pasta Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings, such as pepperoni, mushrooms, Cara Mia Marinated Artichokes, Cara Mia Hand Grilled Piquillo Peppers, STAR Flavor Destinations Spanish (Tomato & Peppers) Marinated Olives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place potatoes on lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until softened. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut each potato in half, lengthwise. Scoop out flesh, leaving about ¼-inch of potato on skin (reserve potato flesh for another use, like mashed potatoes).
- Brush skin-side of potato with STAR Extra Light Olive Oil, and place face down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Fill each skin with pasta sauce, sprinkle with cheese and decorate with desired toppings.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.